Tuesday, March 06, 2007

"The Anatomy of a Monday..."

For me, Mondays start in the late afternoon Sunday in terms of getting my ducks in a row to leave for work at 2am...and so I realized I needed to do a whole LOT of preparation as I was slated to help a friend with a flute performance up in Newton a good hour or more away, starting late Monday morning. I did well to print directions again even though I pretty much knew where I was going. Imagine that....me, organized...


That meant I had to have everything I needed in the car and ready to go...my clothes, my selection of flutes, and a small box with little items like business cards, DVDs, etc. Selecting flutes is always a tough one as I'm not always firm about what I'll decide to play, and I play particular songs with particular flutes...so that required some attention.


So by sleepy-time I had the blog pre-written, and the clothes, flutes and 'stuff' by the door, ready to load when I headed out several hours later. Check and double check.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........


Got up. Checked the EZ weather forecast of sun and calm, and headed out. The car's fuel light was on. Great. Just what you want to see at 2am, which does not rank highly on the list of great times to tank up. Totally forgot I was down to fumes, but I knew my miserly car would get me to work, and I'd get gas on my way out of town.

At work, I was slamming through maps. I also realized Tara Lane was in for Matt Morano in the Charlotte weather studio...and in an unrelated thought pattern printed out the latest March weather staffing schedule to look it over, making sure I didn't have a 'surprise' double-shift I'd forgotten about...and about one half hour before we all hit the airwaves live at 5am, I saw where Tara was supposed to be pulling nightside Charlotte, with Matt supposedly in...immediately my eyes opened wide as I thought there was going to be a big scheduling glitch later in the day.

When I let Tara know, she calmly said, "That's next Monday, the 12th."

...dimly lit lightbulbs began to flicker on in my head...

...flicker....flicker...my friend Flicker...


Wanna fill in the rest of this story???

Let's just say I was very well prepared...for next Monday, the 12th.
So much for organization. Next time I'll remember to actually look at the calendar correctly.


No comments: